The Creekside Garden Club is active again. We meet each month on the second Wednesday at 10:30 a.m. in the clubhouse. All Creekside residents are welcome.
Our new Garden Club provides a wonderful opportunity for previous Garden Club members and interested new neighbors to meet and share the joys of creating beautiful home gardens. Our mission is to learn, to share resources, to meet new and experienced Creekside gardeners and to have fun.
Garden Club activities include local guest speakers, demonstrations, garden tips and resources. See the photo section to view pictures from our programs.
- In February, we hosted a wonderful Valentine Luncheon.
- In March, Dede Sabbag gave us a colorful introduction to birding at Creekside, including these materials:
- In April, Thea Vierling presented a lively talk about honeybees including model stuffed honey bee insects showing the various members of the hive - drones, the queen, worker-bees and a larva sac.
- In May, Dave Herrera, Vicky Van Meter and Pat Young described the Creekside Pollinator Garden including its development the past three years and how to select plants for your own pollinator garden. The talk ended with a visit to the garden. Enjoy the resources and handouts they provided.
- Here's the slideshow from that meeting.
- Handout #1 - where to buy pollinator plants locally.
- Handout #2 - good websites for learning more about pollinator plants.
- Handout #3 - the plants in our garden in 2023.
- June 4th is the Creekside Garden Tour with 8-10 distinct community gardens.
Please let us know if you are interested in being a member. Member donations are $10 for the year. Guests are $1 for each meeting.
-- Cathy Townsley, chair
Our Pollinator Garden -- volunteers are Pat Young, Vicky Van Meter,
Dave Herrema, Pat O’Brien and Laurie Fracolli.